30/05/2011

T-shirt doily




Been crocheting a doily out of an old t-shirt this very rainy bank holiday monday. I guess I can use it as a trivet when I am done with it.

13 comments:

Séverine said...

I like the smooth result, and that's very regular :)

Theo said...

What can I say, I am quite a regular guy. :)

Jessica said...

I've never seen anyone crochet so neatly from scraps. Grattis!

p.s. Your succulent is lovely. x

bibi said...

Lovely result :)
I would like to test this kind of crocheting for making a little carpet but it's not so easily to do it with a big crochet.

S. said...

:))

regular and tightly crochet, for me the two keys for good looking and lasting results :)

Theo said...

Tack Jessica. I am also pleased with my succulent succulent. Babies keep popping up and I am not sure what to do with them - replant them or let them be?

Christelle it is quick to crochet with a big hook but it does require you have got strong hands. I was thinking that it would become a little mat in the beginning but have run out of t-shirt so a trivet it is. :l

Séverine as always I agree with you. :)

Pascale said...

The idea is so cute... (the parallel with the plant !)

ameskeria said...

this is a great idea to reuse and old t-shirt, Theo! I think I'm going to try ity!

Theo said...

Pascale glad that you highlighted the relevance of the succulent. Your mind works like mine.

Ameskeria I think you can buy t-shirt material wool in the shops but it is a lot cheaper to just cut up an old one. This was my former gym t-shirt. Yes, I did wash it before I cut it up. :)

alessandra said...

Neat and clever, I'm sure these adjectives suit you as well!
;^)

Presley said...

I make em too... and use the as potholders to have under pots

http://hekledilla.wordpress.com/2012/05/19/hoooked-zpagetti-tips-til-smaprosjekter/

It is soo cool.

Theo said...

Thanks Presley.

I do dig your snowflakes as well!

Nice to have found to your blog.

custom embroidery digitizing services in usa said...

Great explanation! The details about digitizing settings really helped clarify why stitch quality can vary so much.